Let's Get Specific!
Johnann supports you through your entire child birthing experience:
- Happy to talk you through any concerns that arise and how to share these with your care provider.
- Meet twice before your birthing window (before week 37) to discuss your birth intentions and desires.
- Available for Happy & Well Birthing Hypnotherapy Sessions. (Optional)
- Available as you begin feeling your first contractions - to determine your need to alert your care provider or make the trip to the hospital.
- Meets you at the birthing location of your choice to walk you through each step of the process.
- Sets a relaxing and calming environment in your birthing room (includes candlelight, music & aromatherapies if desired).
- A strong, encouraging and calming force for both the mother and partner as labor progresses.
- Ensures that the partner never feels like they 'are useless and don't know what to do' but instead leads them into being the positive support the mother needs.
- Using movement, position changes, comfort measures, breathing, massage, acupressure, encouragement and knowledge empowers the mother to have the best birth possible.
- Provides evidence based research for the mother to understand and make informed decisions when needed.
- Remains for 2 hours after the birth of the baby to ensure positive bonding of the parents and baby, and between the parents as they take on their new roles.
- Returns 8 to 12 hours after the birth to reassure, provide comfort and help the mother to rest.
- Available throughout the hospital stay and on returning home to support the new family.
- Provides a postpartum visit one week after the family is home to check in and help with any concerns &/or just to let everyone take a nap while doing a load of laundry.
Serving You and Your Birth
Holistic Wellness Therapist
Natural Wellness for your Body, Health & Life
Birth Doula Service
All rates are available on a sliding scale as needed.
Birth Doula - Introduction & Consultation $10
Meet with Johnann to see how she can serve you in facilitating your happy & well birthing experience. 30 to 60 minutes to discuss your needs and desires.
($10 fee will be deducted from any future services.)
Birth Doula $600
Serving women and their partners through the birth of their babies. An advocate for your best birth experience.
Birth Doula Service includes:
- Two prenatal visits & creation of your Birth Intentions.
- 24 hour on-call availability beginning at week 38 through birth.
- Labor support begins when you decide - whether at home, hospital or birthing center - and continues through labor & delivery.
- 2 hours immediate postnatal maternal & family support.
- Two postpartum visits - first 8 to 12 hours after birth & second 1 week after the birth.
Military families receive discounted services. Johnann understands that your family or partner may not be able to be at your side and she believes you deserve a doula to support you.
What does a Doula do?
As a Birth Doula, Johnann will nurture, support and offer guidance for the birthing mother and partner during their pregnancy, birth and the early postpartum time. She comes to a birth equipped with a bag of tricks, knowledge of comfort measures and to assist the mother in making sure that she has a positive and empowering birth story.
During pregnancy, a relationship of trust between the mother, partner and doula develops in which the soon to be parents feels free to ask questions, express their fears and concerns, and take an active role in creating and ensuring a positive birth intention. Johnann is the mother's advocate and cheerleader, supporting birthing "goals" whether it's a medication free birth, a cesarean or anywhere in-between.
As doula she also encourages and facilitates participation from the partner and offer real ways to better support the mother. Johnann also encourages a trusted and positive role with care providers. After the birth, she will spend time helping to encourage bonding between mother, partner, the new baby and other family members.